I don't have any new pictures today, but I thought that I had better write an update and let you all know what is going on with our move.
Brian and I had a good trip to Houston. We were not able to put any offers on a home because we still don't have anything going on our house in Tulsa, but we got to see a few homes and many neighborhoods. It was good to drive through the neighborhoods with someone who knows where the good and bad schools and neighborhoods are. We have pretty much narrowed down the area where we want to look, so now we just need to sell our house.
Which leads me to the next bit of information. We came home from Houston all pumped to drop the price on our house and get it moving so that we could move forward in Houston. But when we returned our realtor wanted us to wait because he had planned an open house for brokers and realtors to be held on Wednesday, July 26th (yesterday). So we agreed to wait and see what happened. The open house was held yesterday and according to our realtor, we had 20-24 people who came through and looked at the house. (All of course were brokers and realtors) He said that they all had good things to say about the house and a few of them thought that they might have clients who would be interested in it. So we were feeling a little more encouraged, but as of right now (4:20pm July 27th) we still have not had any phone calls asking to see the house. So I think we are going to drop the price once more and try to get people in to look. I think that people are finding that they can get a new house for the same or less than what we have our house listed for and so they skip over ours and go for new. So we are looking to drop the price again and hopefully then we will get some offers and be able to sell this house so that we can find something in Houston and get down there soon. It looks like we will not get there for the first of school, but we will make the transition when we can and I am sure the kids will be fine.
Well, that is all we have for now. I will post again later. Hopefully I will have some good news on the house.
1 comment:
Here I thought you might tell me that you sold the house since I've been gone! Oh, well...we get to keep you a bit longer!
Post a Comment