Summer is over and today is the first day of school! Everyone is excited (even if the oldest doesn't want to admit it). We are ready to have a schedule again and mom is ready for a reprieve.
This year Jeremy is in the fifth grade. This is his last year in Elementary school. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. But in fact, tomorrow is his 10th birthday and his is growing into a fine young man. As is our tradition on the first day of school, we measured everyone's height and marked it on the wall. Jeremy now measures 54 1/2 inches up from 52 3/4 last year. He is excited because his homeroom teacher this year is a teacher that he had in 3rd grade as a switch teacher. He really likes her and she teaches his favorite subject, reading! Her name is Mrs. Harris and we are so happy that she is his teacher. Here is a picture of him with Mrs Harris at Meet the Teacher day.
Nicole is going into 3rd grade this year. She is excited, but a little bit nervous because the big TAKS tests start for her this year. But she is a smart little girl and I know she will do well. When we measured her this morning she stood 48 3/4 inches tall, up from 46 1/4 last year. Her teacher this year is Mrs. Kirk. We don't know anything about Mrs. Kirk, but when we met her she was really nice and I know Nicole will love her. I can't wait to hear about her first day. Here is Nicole with Mrs. Kirk at Meet the Teacher.
Here they are outside in our front yard. They look so cute, I can't believe how grown up they are.
Here is Jeremy the big 5th Grader!
Cute bubbly Nicole in one of her poses.
Can't forget Max. He is 4, so he has to wait one more year before he goes to Kindergarten. He is going to do a preschool with some of his friends from church. I think it will be a lot of fun. Max really is growing like a weed! When we measured him this morning he was 42 3/4 inches tall, up from 39 1/2 inches last year. He can't wait to ride the bus to school next year.
4 comments:
So Cute I am so happy to get to know your cute family this way. They are so cute. Thanks for sharing them with us :)
I feel like they just were having their first day of school last year- time goes by so fast. They looks so cute and grown up- can't wait to see them in person!
so fun! love how you measure them and everything!
Your kids look so cute!! We measure our kids too and its so fun to see them grow...well kinda :o)
Post a Comment