Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Girls On The Run

 Last Saturday Nicole and I ran our first 5K.  I have walked 5K's before, but never run one, so I count this as my first.  We both ran the entire race and finished with good times.  Nicole ran with a friend of ours and so she came in ahead of me by a few minutes.  Brian was expecting Nicole to be with me, so he wasn't ready with the camera to get Nicole crossing the finish line, but we hope the race photographer got some good pictures of her that we can purchase.  We won't know for a couple more weeks.

Nicole's time was 27:44 and mine was 30:16.  Nicole was 17th out of 179 and I was 27th.  We had fun and look forward to doing it again.  We will run the Susan G. Komen 5K in early October and Brian and I are going to try and run a 10K some time in October.  We are also planning to run a 1/2 marathon in March.  I can't believe that I am doing all of this running as I have never been much of a runner, but I am finding out that I can do better than I ever thought that I could.

Before the race.

Me finishing the race.

After we finished. Wearing our medals.

No comments: