Tuesday, March 20, 2007

FIELD DAY!

March 7th and 9th were field days for the kids at school. Nicole had her's on the 7th and Jeremy had his on the 9th. Each class came up with a name and were assigned a color of shirt they were to wear. Then they competed against the other classes in their grade. They had 9 or 10 events of which the kids were able to chose 3 to participate in. The final event was for everyone to participate in and was not a competition. They got to run down and sit on a chair where their teacher was holding a water balloon. the objective was to pop the balloon and get your bottom and your teacher wet. The kids had a lot of fun! I will try to explain the events as I describe each picture I have posted. Max came with me to Nicole's, but it was right during his nap time, so he had a hard time. On Friday, I found someone to stay with him while I went to Jeremy's and it was much more enjoyable for me. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Watch for another post in a couple of days. I have some pictures from our spring break trip. Love you! Jeri


This is Nicole's class. They wore gray shirts and their class name was the Windle Wildcats. (Her teacher's name is Mrs. Windle)

Here she is waiting to participate in the Leap Frog Relay. They set out three hula hoops and the kids had to jump in each one and then run down and around a cone, jump in the hoops again and then sit down and let the next person go. The first team to get through everyone, won.

Here is Nicole jumping in the hoops.


Now she is running back to finish her turn and let the next person go.



Now she is doing the leaky water relay. They had tennis ball canisters that had small holes poked in them. They dunk them into a bucket of water and filled the canister. Then they held the canister over their heads and walked to another bucket about 25 yards away. They dumped the water into that bucket and came back and let the next person go. The team with the most water in the end bucket won the relay. Of course while you are walking down to the other bucket they are getting water all over them because of the little holes in the canister.



Here she is running back after dumping her water in the end bucket.


Here is Max drinking some of Nicole's water. His water bottle is never good enough. He always has to use someone else's.


Here is Nicole popping the water balloon on her teacher. She also did the Texas Long jump, but my picture did not turn out. In that event, one student does a standing long jump and the teacher marks where they land. Then the next student starts were the first one jumped to and does their jump. This continues until all the participating students jump. The final jump is made by the teacher and the class that jumps the farthest wins!

After the events were over, snowcones were served! They tasted really good on a warm day. Here is Nicole with hers all over her face.




This picture is taken at Jeremy's field day. This is the Texas Long Jump event. Jeremy's teacher has a bad knee and could not do the final jump, so she asked for a parent to volunteer. Nobody was volunteering, so I said I would do it. This picture was taken by a parent who helped Jeremy with my camera.



Here is Jeremy after he dumped water on his head and made his hair into a mohawk. His class wore white t-shirts and their class name was the Deckard Daredevils. The homeroom mom made iron on decals that were really cute, but I don't think I got a picture of the shirt.

This event was called Build a Noodle. They took one of those swimming noodles and cut it into 10 pieces. Each student took turns running down and adding a piece onto the pole to build the noodle. After all ten pieces were added, the person who went first carries the pole back down to the bucket that they were pulling the pieces from and dumps them in the bucket and runs back to their team. The first team done, wins! Jeremy was the first and last person, so he put the first piece on and was the one to dump the noodle and try to win for his team. Here he is with the first piece on the pole.



Here he is dumping the pieces. Oops, dropped one! Gotta pick that up before you can go back. I thought I had a picture of him running back, but I guess I don't. He almost got second place, but he tripped at the end and another team beat him out. It really was a valiant effort!

This relay was called Wet Head. In this event, one student sat in a chair about 25 yards down field and held a 2 liter bottle on their head. Another student filled up a cup with cold water and brought it down and poured it into the 2 liter bottle. They were not allowed to touch the bottle with their other hand. The team with the most water in their bottle at the end of the relay, won! Here is Jeremy pouring his water into the bottle.



Now it is his turn to hold the bottle. Don't spill!


Here is Jeremy sittin on the water balloon. You can't see it in this picture, but he sat on it hard and fast and sprayed his teacher and the teacher next to them. The teacher next to them happens to go to church with us, so it was fun for him to get her too!


Here is a picture of their shirts. Jeremy is enjoying his snow cone. I don't know what number this one was, but he dropped 2 before he finally finished eating one.

This is a fun picture of Jeremy with his teacher, Mrs. Deckard.

They really had a fun day. The only bad thing was that I forgot to put sun screen on the back of Jeremy's neck, so he got a little sunburned, but it wasn't too bad.
Look for more pictures soon. Love you! Jeri

No comments: