Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Catching Up! (A Lot Of Pictures)


I have not been very good at updating the blog as things have been happening, so this is my post to hopefully make up for that.

I have to start way back in February.  First there was Valentine's Day.

This is the cute Valentine's box that Nicole and I made for her to collect her Valentine's in.


We had a Valentine's party with the preschool kids and their younger siblings.  We made these cute Valentine characters on bags that were used to collect the Valentine notes.  They were all so cute and we had a lot of fun.


Some friends of our have a Valentine's party every year.  It is for the adults and we have about 6 couples that get together, eat yummy food and play the newlywed game.  This year the theme was A Night in Paradise, so they got us tropical accessories to wear.  We had a lot of fun!

Next we had the end of the basketball season.  Jeremy had fun playing, but his team lost in the first game of the playoffs.

Nicole's team was first in the regular season and then won first in the playoffs.  She had a lot of fun.

Here she is with her team after the championship game.


There team party was at Cold Stone Creamery and they hung this banner up outside.  This banner hung at each of their games.  They got medal for winning the playoffs and these trophies for winning the regular season.

Then we had the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet.  I, along with some other Cub Scout leaders went up and decorated for that night. Here is what our tables looked like.


Everyone pitched in and brought a part of dinner.  We had spaghetti, salad, bread and yummy cake balls for dessert (I forgot to take a picture of the cake balls).


Next the kids had Field Day at school.  They had a lot of fun participating in fun relays.  At the end they get to sit on water balloons and get their teachers wet and then they get snowcones.  The weather was great and they had a wonderful time.


Nicole carrying spinning discs.  She was the last to go, so she started carrying 9 and had to pick up one more and get back to the start.


Here she is in another relay. They run down with a cup of water and try to pour it in a two liter bottle that the other person is holding on their head.  The person pouring can only use one hand.  The team with the most water in their bottle at the end is the winner.


Here is Jeremy and one of his friends at his field day. 


Jeremy's class was the Harris Hurricanes, so he and his friends made this poster to help cheer on his classmates in their events.


Every year Houston has a Livestock show and Rodeo.  It lasts for about 2-3 weeks at the end of February and beginning of March.  Every night they have a concert with big name stars.  Brian and I were invited by some friends to go to the rodeo the night that Toby Keith was performing.  We had a lot of fun being with our friends, watching the rodeo, the concert and the people around us.

Last, but not least, Grandma Brough came to visit us during spring break.  We didn't do anything spectacular, but we just enjoyed having Grandma here and spending time with her. 


That should catch us up to April.  I will try to do better and update more, but I can't promise anything.

2 comments:

Dave and Natalie said...

love the valenties and the coconut bra...classic :) All the activities look like so much fun. When I read "Grandma Brough" my breath caught in my throat a little...and I half expected to see a picture of MY Grandma Brough...I bet your kids love their Grandma Brough as much as we loved ours!

I'm embarassed to admit that if I caught up my blog...it would be about 10 times longer than yours!!

Brandon and Alesha said...

Way to go Nicole, love the coconuts, Jeri, and just hanging out with your awesome mom is time spent well!