Monday, May 03, 2010

Jeremy

Jeremy has been busy lately with some activities that I wanted to share with you.

First is ROPES.  The elementary schools usually take their 4th graders to a ROPES course each year.  Last year the 4th graders didn't get to go because they cancelled all extra activities because of the days they missed for Hurricane Ike.  So they made arrangements for the 5th graders to go this year.  Jeremy has been very excited for this and has been looking forward to it for a long time.  The first time it was scheduled for his class to go it was rained out.  Fortunately they rescheduled and it didn't rain this time.  Brian was able to take the day off and go with him which made Jeremy very happy.  They had a great time.  At the end of the day they got to go up on this swing that took them up high and then the person up there lets go of the rope and swings down. Jeremy and Brian both did this and below are the videos of them going on the swing.








The 5th graders also participated in the DARE program.  They had a great time and had a special graduation when they were done.  The video below shows Jeremy and his class receiving their DARE certificates.  It was a nice graduation and I was glad I was able to go.  It seems kind of funny, but I actually teared up a few times during it and I don't really know why.  Maybe it is because he is growing up so fast and it is hard to believe that he will be in middle school next year.





Here is his class after they had all received their cerificates.

Last, but certainly not least, Jeremy had his spring piano recital last Saturday. He did a great job.  I always like going to the recitals and seeing how much everyone has improved over the year.  I love Jeremy's piano teacher.  She is so good with the kids and she really loves them and what she is doing.

Jeremy played two songs and I even got to play one with him.  It was a lot of fun. 




They combined with another teacher and her students.  Jeremy is standing next to his teacher and one of her other students.  She has 6 other students, but because of some scheduling issues they had to do two recitals, so we didn't get to hear the rest of her students.

As I mentioned earlier, Jeremy begins middle school next year.  Next week he goes to the school to pick out the instrument he will play in the band next year.  I can't wait to find out what he ends up with.  He really enjoys music and really seems to pick up on instruments quickly. 

One more note about Jeremy.  At the beginning of this month the 5th graders took the math and reading TAKS tests. These are the standardized tests taken in Texas and they have to be passed in certain grades in order to progress to the next grade.  Jeremy just found out that he scored 100% on both the math and reading TAKS tests.  He was really excited and we are really proud of him.

Jeremy is such a special, fun part of our family.  We love him very much and are very proud and happy about the things he is doing and accomplishing. 

1 comment:

Abby said...

Wow Jeremy has been busy!! He did great at his recital!