Thursday, October 07, 2010

The Race For The Cure

 Every year Brian's company puts together a team to Race For The Cure.  He and I walked it one year and the following year we planned to, but something happened and we didn't.  This year, as we worked on getting into shape, Brian decided that he wanted to run it this year.  He has been working hard to get his time down.  I was going to run too, but I didn't get registered and I had the kids too.  So we decided to go down and watch him run and then do the activities afterwards.


Here are Brian and the kids as we were getting to the starting line.



The kids found this hill and a sand pit to play in as we waited for Brian to finish the race.

Brian completed the 5K in 24 minutes and 59 seconds.  He hopes to shave about 5 minutes off of his time next year.


The kids were very anxious to get to the bounce houses after we visited many of the booths.


All in all it was a great day.  We plan to do it next year.  And next year we plan that all of us will run/walk the 5k. 

1 comment:

Brandon and Alesha said...

Man, you guys are looking so trim!!