Thursday, October 19, 2006

FUN, FALL ACTIVITIES

Everyday we are getting more settled into our new home. This past week Max and I were invited to join a play group that some girls from the ward have organized. This week's activity was to go to a place called Oil Ranch. They are all set up for fall. With your admission you receive a pumpkin to take home and carve, so Max got to pick out a pumpkin for himself. We got to ride a train and take a hayride. During the hayride we got to feed cows. Max was a little afraid of the cows because they were sticking their heads into the wagon trying to eat the hay on the floor. There were pony rides, but Max was too little to do that. We saw baby calves that were only 5 weeks old, we had lunch and were able to make new friends in the process.

The group started talking about what they were going to do for next week and they needed a volunteer to host the playgroup for next week and I had a moment of temporary insanity and volunteered to have it here. I really don't think that it will be that bad, but I keep thinking about what I would like to have done before everyone comes and I wonder why I decided to volunteer. Oh well, it will be fun.

Grandma Brough sent the kids some Halloween crafts to make and they got them in the mail yesterday. So we went right to work making them. The kids had a lot of fun doing them and you can see a picture of the completed projects below.

Well, that is all that is happening right now. We will post more later. Hope all is well.
Love, Jeri



Max was too busy looking at the pumpkins to look up for the picture!


Max loved all of the Halloween decorations. In fact, he loves any decorations that he sees. He gets very excited as we pass houses that have been decorated for Halloween and when we go shopping, he points out all of the decorations that are displayed. He especially loves the inflatable ones.


Here we are on the hayride!


Thanks for our Halloween crafts Grandma! We love them and loved making them! We love and miss you! Jeremy, Nicole and Max

1 comment:

~Jen~ said...

It is kind of funny to see Max at a pumpkin patch and doing FALL activities in shorts and t-shirts. Someone needs to inform Houston that it is FALL - not SUMMER!