Last Friday, Max and I gathered with some friends at the splash pad in our community. Max had a great time playing in the water. His favorite thing to do was sit over one of the holes that spewed great amounts of water. I'm not sure that anyone else got to play in that spot. If the water was coming out of it, Max was sitting on it. He did wander over to let the buckets dump water on him too. I think the splash pad is now closed until next spring. We will look forward to spending time there again next season.

Here is Max sitting on the water.

This was to show you what he was sitting on in the first picture.
The buckets just finished dumping the water. I wasn't quick enough that time.
This time I got the water dumping, but I almost cut Max out of the picture.

Well, the first accident of the fall season has occurred. We were outside playing after school today and two of the older boys were racing each other (on foot) down a driveway. They didn't see Max and accidently knocked him over. He ended up with a fat lip and a scratched chin. It didn't take him too long before he was back out playing with the kids. He is tough.
I am sorry that it has been so long since I posted anything. I have a tendency to wait until I have a picture to post and I hadn't taken any pictures in a while. We are still doing fine and I will try to do more updates in the weeks to come.
Jeri
2 comments:
Poor Max, I am going to have to come and get him to live with me so he doesn't get hurt. Oh wait, I don't have a good track record of keeping my kids safe from bumps and bruises - oh and if I brought him here then I'd have to keep Natalie locked in a bedroom to keep her safe.
Okay...just keep him away from the neighborhood boys and I'll keep Bella from ice skating in the house.
The splash pad was so much fun- too bad its closed. We'll have to find another place for our boys to run around together (not run into eachother- poor max)
Post a Comment