Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Decade Begins!

Yesterday was the first day of the fourth decade of my life!! Yesterday I celebrated my 40th birthday. We didn't do anything extraordinary. The kids did not have school, so we hung out at home. We were going to go out to dinner, but Nicole ended up getting sick, so we didn't get to do that, but it was ok because I still had a great day with my family.


Brian brought home this cake for me. I was greatful that he choose to get the 4 and the 0 instead of 40 little candles.

This is the gift that the kids gave me it was . . .

The Jillian Michaels Wii game! I have been wanting this. We got the Wii Fit for Christmas and I wanted this game to go with the balance board.
Brian had been hinting over the last week that he was full of surprises for my birthday. I didn't know what to think. He doesn't usually plan too much for my birthdays and even though this was a big birthday, I still didn't think that he would be planning anything big.
I talked to him a couple of time while he was at work yesterday and he asked if the party people were there decorating yet and if we had candles at home to put on the cake that the party people were bringing. I just laughed it off and said "yeah, right, whatever, you didn't plan a party!"
Well, he didn't plan a big party, but he did give me a big surprise!

This was in the card that he gave me.


He gave me a trip to see my Mom, Dad, and Sister. I was completely surprised and I am very excited! If you read what he wrote in the letter, you will have to bear with him because spelling isn't his strong point, but the trip will be very fun and special for me and I am greatful to him, my parents and my sister for planning this for me! I love you all very much.
Now I must be off to get my cleaning, ironing and laudry done before I leave on my trip Thursday night!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What a great gift! hope you have a great time seeing your family!

Sabs said...

oh the card is soooo cute! way to go brian! i want to see pics from the get-a-way!