Friday, October 09, 2009

My Baby Is Growing Up! :(

I don't know where the time goes. My kids keep growing taller and getting older, but I just stay the same! Ok, so I'm getting older too, but I don't like to admit it.

A week ir so ago, Max and his friend next door, Faith, decided it was time to take the training wheels off of his bike. I wasn't sure he was ready and I knew I wasn't ready to help him. But they were able to get one of the training wheels off, so I relented and helped take the other one off. I worked with him a little bit, but I was too afraid to let go, so we had to have Dad help.

Max was able to ride a little bit that first day, but the next time he tried he was able to take off and ride around the circle and back to us and not fall. He still hasn't figured out how to start himself and he still tries to find a soft place to "land" when he is done, but it is pretty exciting to watch him ride. He is younger than the other two were when they started riding without training wheels, I guess that comes with trying to keep up with the big brother and sister. Enjoy the video.

P.S. Just an update on a previous post. Jeremy did not get elected to the student council. He was disappointed, but he was happy that he did get some votes.

Nicole was given a part in her school program. She is excited about that. We will have to video her part of the program and post that in the first part of November.

2 comments:

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

I love the bike riding- what a big boy. Super cute cousin post. We loved having our kids meet your kids- they were so nice to Cohen. I love all the pictures of them with Carson- especially the one with Jeremy- Carson looks so happy. And where Max was playing ball with Cohen- so sweet. I wish we could see each other more often!!!

~Jen~ said...

So...if max can ride without training wheels...I've got to work with Bella on this.