So as usual I am late and I am finally posting about Thanksgiving.
This year we decided to stay home and do Thanksgiving at our house. We decided to do it on our own. While we missed being with family and friends, it was nice to relax a little and just do things as we wanted to do. We even pushed back dinner a little because we snacked too much before hand.
As is tradition with us, we fried a turkey. This is nice for me because Brian is pretty much in charge of the bird and it doesn't occupy my oven, so it is open for other things.
Here he is as he puts the bird in the oil.
Here it is being deep fried.
Because we pushed the time back a little, it started to rain as we were cooking. So here are Brian and Nicole trying to keep the rain out of the fryer.
The finished product! So YUMMY!
The table before the family.
The table with the family (minus me because I am the photographer)
I am thankful for so many things that I cannot list them all. But most of all I am thankful for my family, my health, the jobs that Brian and I have, my home, and the knowledge that I have of the Gospel and of Heavenly Father's plan for me and my family. I am thankful for Jesus Christ and His loving atonement that makes it possible for me to repent when I make mistakes so that one day I can return to live with Him and my family forever. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!






2 comments:
Looks so fun. I have a turkey cooker. I should get it out again. We have not done it for years and then we always did it in the summer. Some how it always seems too cold at Thanksgiving to cook a turkey outside. Maybe it is the altitude:):)
check out those serious gloves! glad brian is a pro so i could use his talent too:)
Post a Comment