After what has seemed like a long time coming, our house has a contract on it. We are in the 10 day option period which means they do all the inspections, appraisals, etc. and if anything shows up that they don't like they have the option to back out. But I don't think they are going to find anything and they have their house sold and are looking to close on September 22nd, so I think we are pretty certain that it will go through.
Now the next chore is to find a house in Houston. Brian went out looking tonight at several places that I had seen online and thought that we liked, but none of them were worth getting, so we are back to the drawing board. But our realtor is now more actively looking for us since we have a closing date on our house here and we know that when we find the right one we can do an offer on it immediately. Hopefully she will find some other homes to show him tomorrow and they will find something that they like. I plan to go down this weekend and hopefully we can finalize something so that we know what our plans are.
We are excited and glad that we have sold our home and can move on to the next phase, but as it becomes more real I feel like I am not ready to go, but I know that we need to be together as a family and that this is going to be a good growing experience for our family. I am just grateful that, as we move, we have the church and know that we will make good friends quickly in our new ward and will have great opportunities for service.
When we have picked out a new home we will post pictures and let you know our new address, etc. Talk to you later.
Have a great day! -- Jeri
No comments:
Post a Comment