A couple of weeks ago my mom called and said that my dad had business down here for a few days and asked if it was alright if she came along. OF COURSE it was ok!! We love to have them here! I didn't tell the kids that they were coming. So the day before they came, I started telling the kids that they were going to have a surprise after school on Wednesday. They were trying to guess what it would be, but of course they were no where close.
I dropped the kids off at school on Wednesday morning and drove to meet Mom and Dad, so that I could get Mom. (Dad had to stay closer to where he was working for a couple of days). Max had fallen asleep on the way down, so it took him a while to wake up and process that Grandma was here. Once he woke up, he was really excited. We went up to the outlet center by our house and shopped a little. We told Max that if he would be good in the stores with us he could play on the playground. So we spent a few minutes there.

Max with Grandma on the play ground.
After the outlets we went to Max's favorite place to eat lunch, Chick-fil-A. (when he says it, it sounds like chick shalay). When Mom was here in March we went to lunch almost every day. So when Grandma is here, we will drop the kids at school and Max will say, "Where should we go to lunch today?" It is pretty cute!

Here they are at Chick-shalay!
It was a beautiful day, so we were outside waiting for the kids to come home from school. Mom sat in the chair and I stood in front of her. My neighbors were out there with us. The kids got off the bus and Jeremy ran down from the bus stop and got there first. He got pretty close to me and my neighbor told him he better go find his surprise. He said that was why he had run down so quickly, he didn't even notice that Grandma was there. I stepped aside and he couldn't believe it. He was really excited.

Then it was Nicole's turn. Both Jeremy and I stood in front of Grandma. When Nicole got close, we asked her if she was ready for her surprise and then we stepped aside. She got a surprised look on her face, smiled and came to give Grandma a hug. She was surprised too.

We were glad to have Grandma with us for a few days. Grandpa came on Friday night after work and so did Uncle Jeff who is in Dallas right now. Of course it rained all day Saturday. And I don't mean just a little rain, it poured hard and there was a lot of flooding because we had hard rains on Friday too. So we tried to figure out what to do. We played some games and went to lunch before Grandma and Grandpa had to go to the airport. Then we decided to go to a place called IT'Z. I have posted about this place before, but it is kind of like a grown up Chuck E Cheese. We didn't tell the kids where we were going, so once again they were surprised. We played games, rode rides and ate. I think everyone had fun.

Max playing ten pin.

Nicole and Max on the inflatable slide.

Nicole and Jeff on the bumper cars.

Jeremy and Brian on the Disco. Jeremy wanted to ride this and he did all right, but I don't think he will be getting on it again any time soon.

Max and Nicole on a little ride fit for them.
Jeff stayed until Sunday afternoon. The kids where always hanging on him, but he was a good sport. We look forward to having him and Grandma and Grandpa here again. We always love to have friends and family visit.
3 comments:
It's fun to see the love developed between grandparents and grandchildren. Lizzy loves her Nana.
So many fun things to do when grandma & grandpa come to visit. My kids love those kinds of surprises too.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with her. She's a way cool lady!
Post a Comment