Friday, July 10, 2009

The 4th of July!!

So it took me almost a week to post these pictures. We had a fun 4th of July weekend. On Friday, my brother Jeff and his family came down to spend the weekend with us. They recently moved to TX. We are so excited to have them closer to us, so we can see them more often.


Jeff, Robin, Ries and Lexi


Saturday morning we started off with breakfast up at the church. Jeremy led the flag ceremony.

Waiting for our breakfast of pancakes and Texas Trash (a breakfast burrito with eggs, cheese, onions, green peppers, beans, hash browns, and I don't know what else).



While we were waiting for Brian to finish setting up the chairs for church, we played outside the church. Nicole and Max enjoyed having Uncle Jeff lift them up to hang in the tree.


This time Jeff and Max hung together!
After breakfast Jeff, Robin and I went shopping at the outlet center. When we came home, we had some lunch and then went swimming. I didn't take my camera, so no pictures. After swimming we came home, got cleaned up and then made brats and hot dogs for dinner. Again, no pictures. I guess I was too busy eating. Later we went to watch fireworks. We saw a good show and then saw a lot more being set off by random people in neighborhoods. It was a fun day. Jeff, Robin and the kids stayed until Sunday afternoon. We had a lot of fun with them.


Just a couple of days ago, Ries celebrated his 13th birthday! So while they were here, I made him a cake and we sang to him and had him blow out the candles. Happy Birthday Ries! We love you and hope you had a great birthday!

1 comment:

amy said...

Sounds like a busy and very fun 4th of July. I didn't get any pics of ours :(