Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Cub Scout Day Camp

Well, it is time for some catching up. I will start with day camp. The week after school was out, we had Cub Scout day camp. I ended up with all of my kids going with me. Jeremy as a cub scout, and Max and Nicole as siblings. I was assigned to be a den walker for a group of Bears. I was supposed to have 6 boys, but two were actually signed up for the afternoon session, so I only had 4. We had a great group and below is a picture of them getting ready to do the flag ceremony one morning.

They got to participate in many fun activities. Here is Jeremy on the archery range.

He and the other boys in our group all hit the target sometime during the week. Here is a picture of the boys with the targets drawn on their backs.



They also got to shoot BB's. Here is Jeremy shooting on the last day. He earned a junior shooting patch by scoring at least 35 points with 5 shots.



Nicole got to do the BB and Archery ranges also. I don't have a picture of her on the BB range, but here she is shooting her bow and arrow.


With a little bit of help, she hit the target also, so here is a picture of her with the target drawn on her back too.


On the first day, during lunch, they had some firemen come and talk to the kids about what they do. The kids got to look at the firetruck and go up into it. Here are all three of the kids coming down out of the firetruck.



Another picture of the firetruck.


Here is a picture of Max and Nicole with the sibling group leaders. They were really great and had a lot of fun activities for the kids to do.


They had a lot of other activities that they did also, but I was usually helping the boys during those times, so I didn't have my camera out. Over all the kids had a great week. It was hot, but we made it and they are already looking forward to next year.
More posts to come.

No comments: