Friday, July 03, 2009

FABULOUS Las Vegas!!

I will begin by apologizing for all of the pictures in the this blog. I hope you will enjoy looking at them.
Brian and I had the opportunity to go to Las Vegas for three days. We took the kids to stay with Brian's parents' house in the Dallas area and then we flew from Dallas to Las Vegas. This was a Hunter Douglas trip, so we had some hosting duties for Brian's customers, but we were able to see and do a lot of fun things. We stayed at the Mirage. We got to see a show as part of our trip. The show we saw was Terry Fator & His Cast of Thousands. He is a ventriloquist, impersonator, comedian that won America's Got Talent about 2 years ago. (Below is his picture). I didn't have my camera at the show, so I didn't get any pictures of him there, but he lets you take pictures and even record parts of the show if you want to. I wasn't sure how good the show would be, but we really enjoyed it and I would go see him again.


Below are pictures of our adventures in Vegas. I hope you enjoy seeing them.




Here is a picture of the Mirage.

This is some of the waterscape in front of the Mirage.



Here we are in front of the Mirage with the volcano in the background. I have another picture of the volcano later.


Monday afternoon we were fortunate enough to have some good friends come pick us up at the hotel and take us to IN & OUT Burger for lunch. We knew these friends in Tulsa and we have not seen them for about 3-4 years. It was so good to see them. We didn't get to spend a lot of time with them, but we enjoyed the time we had. Later that night we met up with one of Brian's mission buddies and went to dinner. His wife was sick, so we didn't get to meet her and their kids, but we had a good dinner and Brian had fun catching up with his friend. It had been almost 15 years since they had seen each other. I didn't get the camera out that night, so unfortunately we don't have a picture from dinner.



We went to M&M World. Here is the wall of many colors. These are all M&M's. We had fun walking through the 4 floors of M&M's merchandise. We saw a short 3D M&M movie, but we were a little disappointed in it. I tried the new Strawberried Peanut Butter M&M's and thought they were really good. I haven't been able to find any more of them yet, but I am still trying.

Here is Brian next to the M&M race car.


Looking up the strip. You can see M&M world and Coca Cola World.

Me in front of Ceasar's Palace


Brian and I at lunch at Mario Batali's restaurant San Marcos in the Venetian.



This is a real person posing as a statue. It was intriging to watch her.


These are the gondolas at the Venetian hotel. We did not take the time to ride in them, but they were fun to watch. We could also hear the singing as we ate lunch.


This is the water show at the Bellagio.


This is the water show at night.


One night we made our way down to the Bellagio to see the world's largest chocolate fountain and get some ice cream. By the time we got there the ice cream shop was closed, but we could still see the fountain. This is part of it.


Some more of the fountain.


Paris/Las Vegas Hotel.


Paris/Las Vegas at night.

The NY/NY. Brian wanted to ride the roller coaster, but we didn't end up doing it.


The MGM Grand.




Treasure Island.

The Flamingo.



The Mirage volcano at night during the erruption.
We did a lot of things, and saw a lot more than what these pictures depict, but you know what they say, "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!" Just kidding! We saw a lot of fun things and a lot of filth, but we had a good time. It was nice to have a little get away. Thank you Mom and Dad Crandall for keeping the kids so that we could go.

1 comment:

Holly Baker said...

OMG!!! We miss those guys! Where are they, now? -Holly

Did you see any topless women? Or, is it, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas? -Rob

I didn't want you to think IIIIII was thinking that way. -Holly