Wednesday was the last day of school for the year. As of August this year I will have a Kindergartner, a 4th grader and a 6th grader! I can't believe how the time has flown.
Jeremy and Nicole both had great teachers and a great year at school this year. Thank you to their wonderful teachers for all they did for us this year.
On the last couple days of school the kids are given awards for some of the things that they have accomplished. Both kids got the Perfect Attendence award for the entire year. Nicole was the Promising Problem Solver award in her class and Jeremy got the Radiant Reader award in his class.
In PE they have a jog day several times throughout the year. I think they had 10 jog days this year. 7 times around the track is a mile. At the end of the year they give out the "Top Jogger" awards to the top 3 boys and girls in each grade for distance. This year Nicole got 3rd for the third grade girls. She ran just a little under 20 miles. She was so excited and she came home with a new t-shirt, a medal and a certificate for it. We are so happy for her! Way to go!
Here is Jeremy with his 5th grade teachers. He says that they are his favorite teachers ever. Thanks for such a great year. There is a possiblity that Nicole will have one of them next year. Even though we hope she gets the counseling job she wants, we are secretly hoping that she will be back teaching in the fall.

This is Nicole's homeroom/math teacher. We loved her too. Thanks for everything!

A tradition at the school is the 5th grade clap out. All the classes from Kindergarten through 4th grade line the halls and the 5th graders walk through as the kids clap for them. This year they let the parents come up and be part of it. We were in the gym and were the last part of the clap out. You can see it in the video below. It seems kind of silly, but I got a little teary as I watched them all walk by. I am not ready for middle school, but I know that Jeremy is.
Now we look forward to a fun summer. We get to visit with friends who have moved away and we get to go visit family and we are so excited about that. Hope everyone has a fun and safe summer!


1 comment:
o.k. I love that clap out...such a cute idea...and I would have teared up too!!
Post a Comment