Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother's Day Project

I know Mother's Day was almost a month ago, but I wanted to post about one of the gifts that I was given (and also helped make).

At the beginning of the school year, when girl scouts started up, I signed up to do the mother's day craft. My neighbor and I worked together and we came up with the idea of doing a hand print calendar. It was kind of an ambitious project, but they turned out so cute and all of the mothers loved them. Below you can see pictures of each of the months and what we did. The first picture is the opening pages and we had the girls do their hand prints in paint and then we had a poem and a picture of them. The rest of the hand prints were traced and cut out of paper. I hope it is something that the moms will use and keep for a very long time.

P.S. We started with May 2009 and went through April 2010 so that they could start using them right away.



Flowers

Fish and Seaweed


Fireworks

A Girl Scout

Fall Tree

Ghosts


Turkey

Reindeer

New Year's Party Blower

Heart

Shamrock

Umbrella and fingerprint rain drops

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It sure looks like a ton of work. you are a super mom to do so much for your kids and everyone around you,

amy said...

Oh my heck!! They turned out so cute. I will have to use that idea for my girls to make. They would love it.