Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Trip to Plano, TX

OK, so I am a day later than I said I'd be, but here are the pictures.
After we visited in Oklahoma, we returned to Texas and stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Crandall's for a week. One of the highlights of our visit was to meet our new family member. Brian's youngest brother Scott is getting married in September and we got to meet his beautiful fiancee, Marquee. Here is a picture of Scott and Marquee together.


The kids wanted Marquee to build Kenex with them, so she was a good sport and got down and started building with them. Nicole and her cousin Amanda decided to create a band called the Snowflake Fairy Band and Marquee became their manager. They built instruments with the Kenex and Marquee wrote down the words that Nicole came up with for an original song. Then when the time was right, Marquee introduced the band and they performed their song. It was really cute.

The Kenex (I don't know if I am spelling this right) toys were a big hit. If the kids weren't playing the Wii, they were building with the Kenex. I didn't get any pictures of them playing the Wii. I think Grandma did, so I will have to get copies from her, but they all got pretty good. Max was really good at boxing and bowling. He scored a 193 and got a turkey in bowling all by himself.


Here is a picture of Tyler. While the other kids were building, he decided to try out Max's car seat.




On the last night that we were there, we all went out to dinner at Fridays. Here are most of the kids sitting together while we waited for our table to get ready.



Here are Amanda and Jeremy with a couple of their creations. Amada's is a wind instrument, that is why she has it in her mouth.


We did some other fun things while we were there too. Jeremy and Max got to go to their first Major League Baseball game. They had a lot of fun. Brian has some pictures of that on his phone, but he hasn't sent them to me yet. When I get them I will post them. While they were at the game, the girls went to dinner and created a scrapbook page about the Snowflake Fairy Band. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us stay with you. And, thanks Dixie for letting us come and play at your house almost everyday.

1 comment:

Brandon and Alesha said...

Your kids are growing up so fast! Nicole is so beautiful! What an awesome family you have.