Saturday, August 09, 2008

TWILIGHT!!!






Many of you have heard of the TWILIGHT SAGA by author Stephenie Meyers. It is a series of books written about a human girl, a vampire boy and a werewolf boy. Sounds kind of bizarre, but it is all the craze and I have loved reading the books. The fourth and final book came out on August 2nd and this past Friday, one of my friends hosted a Twilight party. We had a great time.




First we took a picture of all of us looking "Normal"!




Then we took our "Scary" picture. Yes, we are crazy, but we are having a lot of fun.




One of my favorite people in the world (Jolynne) came dressed as a vampire. She is such a fun person!



My friend Sabrina had set the table so beautifully.




Wonderful food was served!




As we were eating, Sabrina passed around a jar of questions that we each had to answer. They were questions like, what we thought about characters in the book, what would we change in the story, how were we introduced to the books, etc. The questions elicited some fun discussion and had a lot of fun oogleing over fictional characters!



Dessert in the form of Wolf Cupcakes!




While we ate dessert we played a jeapardy game with questions from the first three books. We couldn't do number four because there were some that had not been able to finish it yet.




We had two teams: Team Edward and Team Jacob (anyone who has read the books will understand that). Then we took turns trying to answer questions. Some of the questions were pretty hard. My team didn't win, but we had lot of fun.






While we were cleaning up, I happened to pick up all the bottles of sparkling grape juice. Then I started making faces and my friend Rosie snapped a picture. I really had a good time and everyone else did too. We are planning to go together to see the movie "Twilight" when it comes out in December!


If you haven't read the books, I recommend them. I am not one who usually reads vampire books, but these were really good and I was actually surprised about how much I really enjoyed them. Give it a shot!

3 comments:

~Jen~ said...

Where on earth did you get a TWILIGHT shirt? Are you THAT much of a fan?

Brandon and Alesha said...

Jeri, Jeri, Jeri. You need to take it easy on that "sparkling grape juice". You can get into alot of trouble that way.
Looks like you guys had quite the party. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't even read the first book yet. One of my girlfriends got it for my b-day, but I'm saving it for my trip to New York next week.

Christian (Chrissy) Anderson said...

Hey, I have a friend here that just told me about the books. Maybe I'll jump in and see what it's all about. Looks like you guys had a fun night!!!