Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas has come and gone, but I am just getting around to posting our pictures. I'm going to start at the beginning.

We didn't put up as many decorations as we sometimes do, but I thought the ones that we did put up looked really pretty. This year we found a vinyl project of the nativity. My mom found someone who could cut the vinyl for us and we put it on the glass blocks. With the lights behind the blocks, it made for a really pretty mantel display.

Of course we had the Christmas tree. We cleaned out our front room/office and put it in there. The kids had fun decorating. They had so much fun that they couldn't stop playing with it or looking at it. I was constantly asking them to stop playing with the tree.





Christmas eve is our cookie day. We make sugar cookies and they are so delicious. I can't make them very often, because every time I walk past them I pick one up and eat it.



Cutting cookies



Frosting cookies! It is a real art!


Christmas eve dinner is a fun time. We had our yummy chicken and rice with corn and jello. Followed by the "pudding" contest which has turned into the ice cream contest in our house. Mom was the winner this year, much to the dismay of Jeremy, who has yet to win the contest.


Christmas eve the kids opened their presents from each other. They were really excited about the things that they got. Max opened a special present from Grandma and Grandpa Brough. He got his own Book of Mormon with his name on it and a case to carry it in. Grandma and Grandpa give this to the kids the Christmas that they are 3 and they go into primary. He was very excited and was happy to take them to church with him yesterday. I can't believe that he will be a Sunbeam next week. My baby is growing up so fast!


Christmas morning is full of excitement and anticipation. Santa places the kids' stockings by their rooms, so that is the first thing they get to open. Here they have opened their stockings and are ready to head downstairs.
Here is what was waiting for them when they got downstairs.


Here they are opening their present from Santa. A Wii!!! They were very excited. Each of them got a game to play and mom and dad got the Wii fit. Santa was very nice. All of us got fun gifts from each other and from other family members.
All in all we had a great Christmas. We feel very blessed as a family and are greatful to have this time of year to remember our Savior in a special way and celebrate his birth and life. We are greatful for the opportunities that we have to give and share His love and life with all we know. We hope that everyone had a safe and joyous Christmas!

No comments: